How is tenancy funded?
As a person with disabilities, the individual we support receives state housing, disability living allowance and other benefits paid to them via a financial deputy or the local authority. Transforming support will confirm who pays the monthly charges and invoice them accordingly.
The referring party is responsible for ensuring the individual receives the correct benefits for their condition and situation.
In our experience, the below are the most commonly held benefits (please note, this list is not exhaustive):
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based JSA
- Pension Credit
- Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) – Care
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) – Mobility
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) – Daily Living
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) – Mobility
- Attendance Allowance
- Child Benefit
Please see the below link to the UK government site with details:
Benefits and financial support if you’re disabled or have a health condition - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)